The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) charged the Chinese arms of the five big accounting firms with violations on Monday for failing to turn over audit reports on U.S.-listed Chinese companies, according to Reuters:...
by CDT Money | Apr 30, 2012
A preliminary measure of manufacturing activity painted a stabilizing picture of the Chinese factory sector this week, though concerns persist over potential export weakness as a trip by Wen Jiabao brought Europe back to the...
by CDT Money | Nov 28, 2011
Moderate pessimism continues as the main theme of economic news from China, as it faces turmoil in the EU – if considered a single economy, China’s largest trading partner – and rising concerns about the stability of the...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 15, 2011
In October, short-seller Muddy Waters Research accused Sino-Forest of exaggerating its land holdings and profits. As a result, the timber company, which is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, faced investigation by the Ontario...
by Scott Greene | Oct 16, 2011
When Canada’s securities watchdog suspended trading in the shares of Toronto-listed Chinese company Sino-Forest in August amid allegations that it exaggerated its land holdings and profits, it sparked a rout...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern