At Wired, Mara Hvistendahl explores the history and still unclear future of China’s nascent...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 30, 2011
China Daily reports the passage of a law, twelve years in the making, designed to rein in the use of “coercive measures” such as forced demolition by authorities. China previously had at least 260 types of...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 13, 2011
An editorial in Caixin comments on the importance of role of law as the government emphasizes “social management,” which has been the topic of three, top-level meetings in the past year: The social contradictions in...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods