At Wired, Mara Hvistendahl explores the history and still unclear future of China’s nascent...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 30, 2011
China Daily reports the passage of a law, twelve years in the making, designed to rein in the use of “coercive measures” such as forced demolition by authorities. China previously had at least 260 types of...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 13, 2011
An editorial in Caixin comments on the importance of role of law as the government emphasizes “social management,” which has been the topic of three, top-level meetings in the past year: The social contradictions in...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”