Tea Leaf Nation’s Rachel Lu looks at social mobility in today’s China through a viral...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 22, 2012
In Footnotes, a publication of the American Sociological Association, Leta Hong Fincher, an American doctoral student at Tsinghua University, writes about the restraints placed on social science researchers in China and the role...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 26, 2005
From China Daily: Fei Xiaotong (1910-2005), who died on Sunday in Beijing, is best remembered for his passion for sociology and anthropology. He gave “Chinese substance to the modern social sciences and applied them rigorously to the needs of China and its people,” according to the board of trustees of the Ramon Magsaysay Award for […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods