From The Times: It’s Sunday night in Beijing, and a private lift sweeps me up to the 32nd-floor penthouse of Jianwai Soho tower: the family apartment of Zhang Xin and Pan Shiyi, China’s most visible and flamboyant property...
Oct 9, 2007
From International Herald Tribune: Shares of Soho China , a Beijing property developer, soared 15 percent Monday on their first day of trading in Hong Kong – the latest hot public stock offering that is creating a new class of Chinese real estate tycoons. The spectacular debut of Soho, which values the company at $6 […]
Jul 12, 2005
The New Yorker has an article, titled the Turtles, which has no web link, about Beijing real estate tycoons Pan Shiyi and Zhang Xin. Sam Crane has an interesting post about the article on his blog Useless Tree.
CDT in the News
- Foreign Policy, China Brief – Zero-COVID nightmare
- The Globe and Mail – Locked-down Xinjiang residents face food and medicine shortages, as well as Chinese government censorship
- Czech News Agency (CTK) – Forum 2000 Conference Awards Chinese Journalist Zhang Zhan
- RadarOnline – China Unleashes ‘Comment Flooding’ To Tamp Down Social Chatter From Locked Down City
- WION – Covid lockdown: China censuring people’s pleas on social media amid food and medicine shortages