The Guardian’s Africa correspondent David Smith reports that China will soon send 700 combat...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 13, 2012
South Sudan has struggled to build its infrastructure since gaining independence from Sudan last year after decades of civil war. The country relies on oil exports for 98% of its revenue, but the oil industry has been shut down...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China