The Guardian’s Africa correspondent David Smith reports that China will soon send 700 combat...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 13, 2012
South Sudan has struggled to build its infrastructure since gaining independence from Sudan last year after decades of civil war. The country relies on oil exports for 98% of its revenue, but the oil industry has been shut down...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods