Xinhua reports that the disastrous impact of the earthquake that struck Ya’an prefecture, Sichuan province on April 20 will likely have little lasting effect on China’s economy: “From what we have learnt from...
May 28, 2011
Jim Rogers recently appeared on BBC’s HardTalk (via BusinessInsider; videos embedded below), arguing that despite the problems China faces, it remains more attractive in terms of investment than the “bankrupt”...
Sep 4, 2006
From China Daily via Xinhua: The Chinese government continues to rein in overseas speculators in the country’s property market, as it is now requiring foreigners to get approval before they send funds out of the country that were earned from selling houses. According to a circular on management over foreign investment in China’s housing sector, […]
CDT in the News
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?