Beijing begins hosting the 40th Antarctic Treaty Consultative Meeting today. At the South China...
State Oceanic Administration
Aug 25, 2011
The New York Times reports that The State Oceanic Administration is aiming to sue ConocoPhillips over two oil spills in northern China: United States energy analysts say that China is following a delicate political strategy...
Aug 12, 2011
The Chinese government via the State Oceanic Administration has asked ConocoPhillips for a comprehensive assessment on the oil spill in Bohai Bay. From Forbes: ConocoPhillips said Wednesday that near 1,695 barrels of oil soaked...
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends