CDT is expanding its wiki beyond the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon to include short...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 27, 2017
Tsinghua University Professor of Sociology Sun Liping last week launched the WeChat public account...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 9, 2009
From eastasiaforum.org: The second is that a downturn in growth may have different repercussions to those imagined. At the moment there is a school of thought arguing that, should the economy tank, the (central) Government will...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 12, 2009
Sun Liping (孙立平) is a professor in the Sociology Department of Tsinghua University. He was also the PhD superviser of Xi Jinping, the current vice-president of the People’s Republic of China and probable successor to...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 10, 2009
Sun Liping (孙立平) is a professor of the Sociology Department of Tsinghua University. He was also the PhD surperviser of Xi Jinping, the current vice-president of the People’s Republic of China. Professor Sun’s main...
by Liu Yong | Nov 11, 2007
From Shanghaiist: Sun Liping is a professor of sociology at Qinghua University, and we recently read a short article he wrote about why Chinese society is going to remain stable. There have been several writers who have written responses to Professor Sun’s article, but before we get to those we’ll try to translate the gist […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms