A roundup of online political cartoons from the past week. Click any image to launch the slideshow...
by Xiao Qiang | Sep 15, 2009
According to Wikipedia: “Sun Yat-sen (pinyin Sūn Yì Xiān) (12 November 1866 – 12 March 1925) was a Chinese revolutionary and political leader. As the foremost pioneer of Republican China, Sun is frequently referred to as...
by Wu Nan | Nov 12, 2006
From Xin Hua: People around China held a series of activities Sunday to commemorate the 140th anniversary of the birth of Dr. Sun Yat-sen, a forerunner of the Chinese democratic revolution…Solemn commemorative ceremonies were held in Beijing, Guangzhou, Wuhan and Shanghai. At Dr. Sun’s hometown of Guangdong, more than 2,500 people from all walks of […]
by Wu Nan | Sep 30, 2006
After 1949, there was always just Mao’s portrait hanging in Tiananmen Square. But now there is something new: According to China Daily, People walked around and even used their mobile phones to take photos of a huge portrait of Sun Yat-sen, who now is widely recognized as the nation’s modern founder. The portrait is part […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods