China is opening new fronts in its campaign against “white pollution”, including an expansion of the existing ban on free plastic bags. From the AFP: Bookstores and pharmacies nationwide will soon be forbidden to...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 3, 2006
From Youtube, posted by ahxian.
by Xiao Qiang | Jun 23, 2005
From The Asia Times Online: The lightning-fast emergence of supermarkets over the past decade may be the final piece of the China market puzzle. Rising incomes and an expanding urban middle class are setting the stage for China’s development as a market for imported foods. Until recently, many exporters eyeing the Chinese market fled in […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods