China is opening new fronts in its campaign against “white pollution”, including an expansion of the existing ban on free plastic bags. From the AFP: Bookstores and pharmacies nationwide will soon be forbidden to...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 3, 2006
From Youtube, posted by ahxian.
by Xiao Qiang | Jun 23, 2005
From The Asia Times Online: The lightning-fast emergence of supermarkets over the past decade may be the final piece of the China market puzzle. Rising incomes and an expanding urban middle class are setting the stage for China’s development as a market for imported foods. Until recently, many exporters eyeing the Chinese market fled in […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China