At CNN, Ben Westcott and Yong Xiong report that Beijing has suspended a program allowing...
by Liu Yong | Jul 18, 2009
From AFP: Chinese tourists have generated 764 million US dollars in revenue for Taiwan in a year, as ties rapidly improve between the formal rivals, a report here said Saturday. Some 370,000 Chinese tourists have visited Taiwan...
by cschultz | Jul 17, 2009
As reported in the Taiwan News, Taiwan’s Tourism Bureau Director-General Janice Lai is currently in Beijing discussing issues regarding PRC tourists visiting Taiwan: To the best of her understanding, Lai said, Chinese...
by Liu Yong | Oct 26, 2008
From AFP: Taiwan welcomed the first Chinese visitors arriving on direct flights three months ago as a boon for tourism, but global financial troubles and local political uncertainty might deflate such hopes. Taiwan has severely...
by Liu Yong | May 4, 2008
From New York Times: At his hotel here, a short drive from scenic Sun Moon Lake in central Taiwan, Chang Tse-yen is already making plans for a possible boom in tourism from mainland China. If officials in Taipei and Beijing...
by Japhet Weeks | Apr 29, 2008
If, as expected, China and Taiwan conclude an agreement this summer allowing many more Chinese mainlanders onto the island for tourism, some say local businesses will prosper, but others worry that Taiwan’s scenic spots...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms