A government order to Chinese broadcasters issued last week, along with the hasty removal of...
Apr 7, 2009
McClatchy looks at the growing trend of tattooing in Beijing, where the hottest tattoos are written in English, much as Chinese characters (often badly mangled) are all the rage in the U.S.: Tattoos have been around for nearly a...
Aug 22, 2008
The New York Times looks at Beijing’s nascent tattoo culture: ALTHOUGH many foreigners have been coming in for tattoos, the chair is usually occupied by Chinese, said Mr. He, who charges about $120 an hour, and has owned a...
CDT in the News
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?
- RFA – Guangdong officials ban Model United Nations over federalism debate
- BBC – Chinese grieve popular ex-premier Li Keqiang in quiet show of dissent
- Le Monde – En Chine, l’hommage très contrôlé à l’ex-premier ministre Li Keqiang, « dernier dirigeant de l’ère des réformes »