A government order to Chinese broadcasters issued last week, along with the hasty removal of...
Apr 7, 2009
McClatchy looks at the growing trend of tattooing in Beijing, where the hottest tattoos are written in English, much as Chinese characters (often badly mangled) are all the rage in the U.S.: Tattoos have been around for nearly a...
Aug 22, 2008
The New York Times looks at Beijing’s nascent tattoo culture: ALTHOUGH many foreigners have been coming in for tattoos, the chair is usually occupied by Chinese, said Mr. He, who charges about $120 an hour, and has owned a...
CDT in the News
- Nikkei Asia – Xi Jinping shows his strength by muscling women away from power
- Coda Story – Apple bows to Beijing, again; Turkey blocks social media after Istanbul blast; more Musk mayhem at Twitter
- RFA – ‘Malicious’ anti-lockdown comments on live stream prompt Xinjiang police probe
- Fortune – Chinese social media users have discovered a way to bash the country’s zero-COVID strategy online
- India Today – How Chinese citizens are fooling censors to criticise strict Covid curbs