Of the five new arrivals on China’s top Politburo Standing Committee at last month’s...
Jul 1, 2013
As of July 1, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function). Hong Kong Protests: As Typhoon Rumbia threatened to interrupt, the Civil Human Rights Front continued its march...
Sep 6, 2012
A few anonymous essays brought misfortune to a provincial cadre. On July 9, 2008, Rao Wenwei, the...
CDT in the News
- NPHR – Chinese authorities remain committed to ‘zero COVID’ lockdown policy
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back