At a roundtable event held by the U.S. Congressional-Executive Commission on China on Wednesday,...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 14, 2011
New guidelines discouraging time travel on Chinese TV have hit the Western news recently. The Global Times doesn’t see what all the fuss is about: Censoring media content that is inappropriate locally is part of government...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods