China implemented a new tort law on July 1. From Xinhua: China’s newly-implemented tort law, the country’s first special law on liability for acts of infringement, is likely to further safeguard individuals’...
Dec 26, 2009
From Xinhua: China’s top legislature approved the Tort Law Saturday, after four readings since 2002. The 92-provision law covers liabilities for a range of circumstances, including traffic accidents, medical accidents,...
Dec 22, 2009
From Xinhua: China’s top legislature began deliberating final revisions of the draft Tort Law Tuesday, including civil liabilities of construction firms in buildings safety. The draft law, which was designed to provide...
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends