Amid frequent bad news about wildlife issues in and involving China, LiveScience’s Tia Ghose...
Jul 12, 2013
Scientists in China are working to save the world’s largest freshwater turtle, which is on the verge of extinction, with only four known to be alive. Once prevalent in the Yangtze River and other parts of China and...
Dec 4, 2007
In the latest in its Choking on Growth series, the New York Times looks at the plight of the Yangtze soft-shelled turtle, of which there are possibly only two left in the world: For many Chinese, turtles symbolize health and longevity, but the saga of the last two Yangtze giant soft-shells is more symbolic of […]
CDT in the News
- South China Sea Chronicle Initiative (Vietnamese translation of CDT post)- Sự Bất Đối Xứng Trong Quan Hệ Nga-Trung Và Bên Hưởng Lợi
- Discourse Power – Jan. 23, 2023 Newsletter
- Sinocism newsletter (1/18/2023) – Xi’s Spring Festival video chat; Han Zheng to be the next VP?; Janet Yellen and Liu He meet; Wow mess
- The Economist (Drum Tower newsletter) – What our journalists are reading
- RFA – China slaps exit ban on wife of shuttered Shanghai political bookstore owner