Following measures to curb violence in children’s cartoons, China’s media regulator has...
May 3, 2011
Undeterred by widespread mockery abroad of guidelines discouraging time travel dramas, Chinese officials are looking for other ways of promoting a more wholesome TV diet as the number of viewers watching entertainment shows...
Feb 21, 2010
From MalaysiaNews.Net: China’s television watchdog has initiated a fresh round of crackdowns on sex-related TV commercials, warning it might go as far as revoking broadcasting licences for those companies acting out of...
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – Apple bows to Beijing, again; Turkey blocks social media after Istanbul blast; more Musk mayhem at Twitter
- RFA – ‘Malicious’ anti-lockdown comments on live stream prompt Xinjiang police probe
- Fortune – Chinese social media users have discovered a way to bash the country’s zero-COVID strategy online
- India Today – How Chinese citizens are fooling censors to criticise strict Covid curbs
- CNN – Chinese are criticizing zero-Covid — in language censors don’t seem to understand