Oliver Wainwright reports for the The Guardian that Beijing Design Week architects have carried...
by Xiao Niu | Oct 10, 2008
China’s Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) released the “2007 Annual Nation-wide Urban Environmental Management and Regulation Report” (《2007年全國城市環境管理與綜合整治年度報告》), which blacklisted Xinjiang’s...
by Sachi Fujimori | Mar 9, 2005
From BBC NEWS: A demo placed on the internet has triggered the initial success of one of China’s first hip-hop groups, Hi-Bomb. Hi-Bomb – composed of Lionel “Little Lion” and Shang Hao – rap in English, Mandarin and the Shanghainese dialect. Their success was triggered by Lionel placing a demo on the web – which […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods