Oliver Wainwright reports for the The Guardian that Beijing Design Week architects have carried...
by Xiao Niu | Oct 10, 2008
China’s Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) released the “2007 Annual Nation-wide Urban Environmental Management and Regulation Report” (《2007年全國城市環境管理與綜合整治年度報告》), which blacklisted Xinjiang’s...
by Sachi Fujimori | Mar 9, 2005
From BBC NEWS: A demo placed on the internet has triggered the initial success of one of China’s first hip-hop groups, Hi-Bomb. Hi-Bomb – composed of Lionel “Little Lion” and Shang Hao – rap in English, Mandarin and the Shanghainese dialect. Their success was triggered by Lionel placing a demo on the web – which […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China