More than a month into the Biden administration and as Chinese top leaders meet for the annual “Two Sessions” top political meetings in Beijing, it appears that protracted U.S.-China tensions are here to stay. Last...
U.S. China business competition
by Cindy | Apr 9, 2017
The Pew Research Center has released new survey results showing that Americans’ perception...
by compco | Aug 2, 2011
Grace Pearl, one of the leaders in Chinese pearl production, is raising the bar on quality while still driving down wholesale costs. Pearls are the latest example of China being a fierce competitor in the world market. The New...
by victoriawu | Mar 16, 2011
Research data has found that China’s total manufacturing output last year was greater than that of the United States. From the International Center for Trade and Sustainable Development: According to research from IHS...
by Xiao Qiang | Nov 16, 2009
From Mcclatchydc.com: Stacy Kwinn and Gregory Perez and Kris Konopka and Justin Denney — two American expat couples who are friends — got together the other day for dim sum and swapped stories about the computer software...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 26, 2004
The U.S.-China Economic & Security Review Commission held a conference recently which discussed “the devastation Chinese competitors are inflicting on U.S. industries, from kitchenware and car tires to electronic circuit boards,” according to a report in Business Week. The full transcript from the hearings is available on the USCC website. In summing up the hearings, […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China