After two days of talks in Washington, Chinese economic officials agreed to implement measures to reduce piracy. From the New York Times: The Chinese delegation, led by Wang Qishan, the vice premier for economic matters, also...
U.S. China IPR Cooperation
May 25, 2006
From Xinhuanet (link) China General Administration of Customs and U.S. Trade and Development Agency signed a cooperation agreement on Intellectual Property Right (IPR) protection here Thursday. According to the program, IPR protection experts from two countries will introduce to China’s customs staff the international customs rules and regulations, rules and laws concerning IPR protection of […]
Oct 25, 2003
Don Evans, US Commerce chief, will be in China Sunday to discuss piracy and technology transfer with China, Infoworld reports.
CDT in the News
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)