After popular votes late last year, Washington and Colorado are now the first two U.S. states to...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 18, 2010
From Bloomberg: A Florida couple suffered $2.5 million in damages as a result of defective drywall from China, a Florida jury found yesterday, helping to set a standard for trials throughout the U.S. In the first jury trial in...
by Sophie Beach | May 1, 2010
The New York Times reports on the arrest of a Chinese diplomat on the grounds of the Chinese consulate in Houston by local police: Three Houston police officers caused an international incident last weekend when they followed a...
by Sophie Beach | May 9, 2009
The Washington Post has more details on the Bank of China managers sentenced to prison in the U.S. for embezzling $482 million: For more than a decade, the bank managers lived in high style, jetting to Las Vegas and Macau to bet...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”