At The New York Times, Floyd Norris presents a series of charts illustrating Chinese clothing exports’ rising prices, and possible consequences for the US economy: When Chinese trade was helping to push down prices for...
US trade deficit
by Sophie Beach | Feb 11, 2011
The U.S. trade deficit with China is the highest on record, the Guardian reports: The gap between US imports from China and what it sold to the country rose to $273.1bn (£170bn) last year, the largest trade imbalance the US has...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 23, 2010
From Reuters: The U.S. government will investigate charges that Chinese companies are selling oil well drill pipe in the United States at unfairly low prices, the Commerce Department said on Thursday. It is the first U.S. trade...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern