At least one thing appears to be going right for China on the diplomatic front. After a brief but reportedly friendly meeting between Hu Jintao and Taiwan’s vice-president elect Vicent Siew on the sidelines of the...
by Liu Yong | Apr 10, 2008
From AFP: Taiwan’s vice president-elect left for China Friday for a forum that may include talks with Chinese President Hu Jintao, in what would be the highest-level contact ever between Beijing and Taipei. “I will...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo