Since Saturday morning, when a 6.6Mw earthquake struck near Sichuan’s Ya’an city, thousands of volunteers from students and white-collar workers to Tibetan monks have descended on the affected area to offer...
by Paulina Hartono | May 29, 2008
In the days following the Sichuan earthquake, thousands of volunteers have arrived at quake sites to offer assistance. Peter Ford of The Christian Science Monitor reports on the societal and political implications of their...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods