Since Saturday morning, when a 6.6Mw earthquake struck near Sichuan’s Ya’an city, thousands of volunteers from students and white-collar workers to Tibetan monks have descended on the affected area to offer...
by Paulina Hartono | May 29, 2008
In the days following the Sichuan earthquake, thousands of volunteers have arrived at quake sites to offer assistance. Peter Ford of The Christian Science Monitor reports on the societal and political implications of their...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms