TripAdvisor China, along with 104 other applications, has been banned in China as part of a sweeping internet “cleanup.” It is unclear why the travel company, a joint partnership between Massachusetts-based TripAdivsor and...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 8, 2019
Recent months have seen a spate of detentions and interrogations of Twitter users within China,...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 30, 2018
A string of reports this week have described foreign businesses’ preparations for and...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 17, 2017
This series is a month-by-month recap of censorship instructions issued to the media by government...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 4, 2017
Since the introduction of new regulations in January, 2017 has seen a steady campaign against...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 28, 2017
At South China Morning Post, Eva Li reports that authorities in Chongqing have released details of...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods