The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
Jun 25, 2012
By Li Xuewen Translated by Little Bluegill Original text here. That Year, I was twelve years old...
May 25, 2005
From Radio Free Asia, via Asia Times: In a grass-roots exercise in democracy, about 18 cities, provinces and districts throughout China are gearing up for elections to change their village chiefs. There is no room for the brother of a former Tiananmen democracy activist, though.
CDT in the News
- U.C. San Diego, 21st Century China Center – The Party Remakes China: What to Watch for After the 20th Party Congress
- NYT – China’s ‘Absurd’ Covid Propaganda Stirs Rebellion
- The Economist – The Prince: Searching for Xi Jinping
- FP – China’s War on History Is Growing
- Coda Story newsletter – Chinese censors working overtime to silence dissent on zero-Covid lockdowns in Xinjiang and Tibet