On Thursday, the United Nations General Assembly voted to suspend Russia from the UN Human Rights Council over “gross and systematic violations and abuses of human rights.” The vote was precipitated by reports of mass killings...
Jun 27, 2011
Omar al-Bashir, the President of Sudan who is wanted by the International Criminal Court on charges of war crimes, genocide, and crimes against humanity, was scheduled to visit Beijing and meet with President Hu Jintao today,...
Jun 16, 2009
The Chengdu Evening News (Chinese) reports that the Tokyo District Court is hearing a lawsuit brought by Chinese victims of the World War II bombing of Chongqing. Danwei summarizes: At the Tokyo District Court yesterday, a...
Mar 4, 2007
From The Japan Focus: At a moment when the “comfort women” controversy is dominating the growing global discussion about Japanese war responsibility, the Japan Supreme Court is set to permanently foreclose the possibility of redress for Chinese war victims within the Japanese court system. Japan’s top court will hold a special hearing on March 16 […]
CDT in the News
- South China Sea Chronicle Initiative (Vietnamese translation of CDT post)- Sự Bất Đối Xứng Trong Quan Hệ Nga-Trung Và Bên Hưởng Lợi
- Discourse Power – Jan. 23, 2023 Newsletter
- Sinocism newsletter (1/18/2023) – Xi’s Spring Festival video chat; Han Zheng to be the next VP?; Janet Yellen and Liu He meet; Wow mess
- The Economist (Drum Tower newsletter) – What our journalists are reading
- RFA – China slaps exit ban on wife of shuttered Shanghai political bookstore owner