While some Christian missionaries in China aim to fill spaces left by the suppression of traditional values and decline of Maoism, others work to convert members of already beleaguered minority cultures such as Tibetan Buddhism....
by dwang | Jun 14, 2009
New regulations issued by the government of Qinghai province which shorten cab drivers’ license periods has prompted a sit-in and a strike in the provincial capital of Xining. From Xinhua: Hundreds of cab drivers in...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods