With the start of the 18th Party Congress less than two weeks away, Barbara Demick catalogues the broad range of restrictions imposed on Beijingers to ensure that all goes harmoniously. From the Los Angeles Times: Since last...
Aug 16, 2012
As Chinese cities continue to expand at an unprecedented rate, Mark McDonald writes that foreigners and locals alike have grown weary of the urban grind. From The International Herald Tribune’s Rendezvous blog: Charlie...
Jun 2, 2012
In the wake of controversial comments made last month by CCTV host Yang Rui about Beijing’s campaign to “clean up” foreigners entering, living or working illegally in China, and previous comments he has made...
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends