At Al Jazeera, Robert Barnett, the director of modern Tibetan studies at Columbia...
by Paulina Hartono | Oct 16, 2009
At EastSouthWestNorth, Roland Soong looks at some modern day reactions to the revolutionary opera The White Haired Girl, one of the Eight Model Plays: Yesterday, veteran editor and cultural critic Xiong Yuanyi came to the...
by Paulina Hartono | Jan 4, 2009
To handle the pressures of a struggling economy, more and more young people in China are learning to economize. From Reuters: Wang Hao, a 24-year-old Beijing office worker, launched his campaign in June to curb weekly living...
by Liu Yong | Jul 25, 2005
From China Daily: Young people, especially those with university degrees, make up the largest proportion of Chinese people suffering from depression, statistics from the Beijing Suicide Research and Prevention Centre revealed this week. According to a survey of 15,431 depression sufferers over the past two years, people in their 20s accounted for 37.6 per cent […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms