At Al Jazeera, Robert Barnett, the director of modern Tibetan studies at Columbia...
by Paulina Hartono | Oct 16, 2009
At EastSouthWestNorth, Roland Soong looks at some modern day reactions to the revolutionary opera The White Haired Girl, one of the Eight Model Plays: Yesterday, veteran editor and cultural critic Xiong Yuanyi came to the...
by Paulina Hartono | Jan 4, 2009
To handle the pressures of a struggling economy, more and more young people in China are learning to economize. From Reuters: Wang Hao, a 24-year-old Beijing office worker, launched his campaign in June to curb weekly living...
by Liu Yong | Jul 25, 2005
From China Daily: Young people, especially those with university degrees, make up the largest proportion of Chinese people suffering from depression, statistics from the Beijing Suicide Research and Prevention Centre revealed this week. According to a survey of 15,431 depression sufferers over the past two years, people in their 20s accounted for 37.6 per cent […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods