China’s first “Good Samaritan law” (好人法), passed in February, comes into effect next month. A China Daily article from earlier this month explains the city regulation, suggesting that a similar state law could...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 6, 2013
In 2011, the death of a toddler after being hit by a car while bystanders stood by but didn’t help generated outrage on Chinese social media and raised questions about Good Samaritanism in Chinese society. These questions...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms