A week ago, respected China scholar David Shambaugh published a provocative essay, “The...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 20, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 21, 2007
ESWN has translated a number of documents concerning the dismissal of Renmin University Dean of Political Sciences Zhang Ming, who was apparently fired from his post after writing on his blog about disagreements with his supervisor at the university. The translations include Zhang’s original blog posting, titled, “Perhaps I might be forced to leave the […]
by Wu Nan | Mar 19, 2007
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal