The White House has issued a statement on Friday’s low-key meeting between President Obama...
Mar 30, 2010
A meeting between President Obama and Zhang Yesui, China’s new ambassador to Washington, has marked an easing in tensions between the two countries. From Reuters: The conciliatory words from the two powers, which have been...
Feb 17, 2010
Zhang Yesui, the current head of China’s Mission to the United Nations will be the next ambassador to the U.S., the Wall Street Journal reports: Mr. Zhang, 56 years old, will take over the position in mid-March, said...
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends