Zhou Jiugeng of Jiangsu province has just been sentenced to 11 years in prison for corruption. He was outed from his post in late December, largely due to the netizen uproar over his excessively luxurious lifestyle. From Xinhua:...
by Paulina Hartono | Feb 25, 2009
A luxurious 14-day trip to Africa and the Middle East by Guangdong local officials financed by public funds has been met with intense scrutiny after a netizen posted a indicting 17-minute video of the trip’s exploits...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods