The Sydney Morning Herald reports a lawsuit filed in June in the US, in which technology giant Cisco is accused of complicity in China’s suppression of political dissent. Daniel Ward, of US law firm Ward & Ward, has...
May 8, 2008
Writer Zhou Yuanzhi was arrested last Saturday, and this Monday, Chang Ping (whose real name is Zhang Ping), deputy editor-in-chief of Southern Metropolis Weekly was removed from his post. From The Wall Street Journal: The...
May 8, 2008
From Reuters: A dissident Chinese writer in police custody faces trial for inciting subversion as part of an apparent government crackdown on dissent ahead of the Beijing Olympics, three writers’ associations said. Zhou...
CDT in the News
- RFA – Chinese censors delete news report probing return of COVID tracking
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction