July 22, 2014 8:03 PM
Beijing book reviews children crime demographics economic growth economic slowdown education exports financial crisis 2008-2009 Foxconn Guangdong health care hukou labor labor conditions labor markets labor rights labor unrest land rights left-behind children manufacturing migrant education migrants migrant workers petitioners photos poverty protest protests riots rural children sealed management Shanghai Shenzhen slideshow social unrest Spring Festival strikes suicide sweatshops unemployment unpaid wages urbanization urban rural divide videos wages wealth gap women women's rights
April 16, 2014 4:48 PM
At the South China Morning Post, Andrea Chen reports that hundreds of young men living in the manufacturing area of Dongguan have mysteriously
Zhuang Pinghui at The South China Morning Post reports that measles, a disease Beijing had planned to eradicate by 2012, is “making a comeback
July 7, 2014 5:29 PM
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, has been leaked and distributed online. The name of
July 7, 2014 1:32 PM
- Foreign NGO For Migrant Children Thrives in C...
- Retiring Migrant Workers Have No Place to Cal...
- Nowhere to Call Home: A Tibetan in Beijing
- Lu Yuyu: Digital Archivist of Chinese Protest
- New “People-Centred” Plan for Urbanisation
- Abuse and China’s Left-Behind Children
- China’s Left-Behind Children and Guilt-...
- 1 in 5 Children Live in Rural Villages Withou...
- New China Cities: Shoddy Homes, Broken Hope
- Migrants Now Account for One Sixth of Populat...
- Guilin School Blast Linked to Migrant Worker
- Cracking the Hukou Code to Hasten Urbanizatio...
- Working Hard and Playing Hard in Fun City
- Who’s Watching Left-behind Children?
- Losing Battle Against Lung Disease and Worker...
- Revisiting Leslie Chang’s “Factory Girls”
- China’s Lopsided Labor Force
- Migrant Workers’ Pay Growth Slows