June 27, 2014 12:49 PM
1989 protests Beijing airport black jails chengguan defending rights Directives from the Ministry of Truth dongzhou Dongzhou killings explosions forced abortions foreigners in China Guangdong Guangzhou Guiyang Hubei Hunan journalism land disputes land grabs land rights lawyers local power media conditions migrant workers Ministry of Truth Panhe petitioners police police brutality police violence press freedom prison abuse prisoners' rights propaganda protests riots rural unrest Shanghai Sichuan social unrest street vendors Tibet Tibet protests torture Uyghurs xia junfeng Xinjiang Yang Jia Yunnan zhongshan land protest
December 15, 2013 11:19 PM
At least four fatal shootings have followed the arming of some Chinese police as part of the country’s ongoing anti-terror campaign. In
The BBC reports that authorities have shot eight people who were allegedly “trying to attack police officers in Xinjiang” last
February 16, 2014 6:55 PM
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Central
December 4, 2013 1:11 PM
- 18 Chengguan Hospitalized After Acid Attack
- Executed Hawker’s Son Accused of Copying
- Street Hawker Xia Junfeng Executed [Updated]
- The Ticking Bomb of China’s Urban Para-...
- Airport Bomber Wins Praise, Reinvestigation
- Links Between Airport Blast and Fruit Vendor&...
- Residents Take to Streets After Man Reported ...
- Photos: Unrest in Qidong
- Foreigners in Guangzhou Protest Death of Expa...
- A Tale of Two Protests
- Foreign Journalists Jumped in Panhe
- Beijing Says ‘No Need to Sweat’ T...
- Tibetan Leader-In-Exile Speaks Out
- More Protesters Reportedly Shot in Sichuan
- Deadly New Violence Reported in Tibetan Area
- Journalist Tells of Police Detention, Beating...
- Minitrue: Guangxi Shooting, Shanxi Explosions
- China Forces Reported to Have Shot at Tibetan...