October 16, 2014 3:57 PM
1989 protests Beijing airport black jails bomb Gao Yaojie Germany Guangdong Guangxi Guangzhou Guiyang Guizhou Gun laws gun violence health care corruption Henan Hong Kong activism Hong Kong democracy hong kong politics hong kong protests hong kong protests 2014 Hubei Hu Jia Hunan illegal detentions Inner Mongolia Internet censorship Jiangxi jilin journalism June 4th Kaihua kardze kashgar Kirti monastery land disputes land grabs land protests land rights Lanzhou law enforcement lawsuits lawyers legal reform Lhasa unrest local power Longnan media censorship media conditions migrant workers milk contamination
October 18, 2014 11:13 PM
The Economist examines the arming of Chinese police, which has surged this year following a string of violent incidents including a deadly attack
Police efforts to clear protesters in Hong Kong turned violent early Wednesday morning, just a day after police had dismantled bamboo barricades
October 14, 2014 10:52 PM
Hong Kong police have cleared a number of protest sites in the city, removing the increasingly elaborate barriers erected in response to earlier
October 14, 2014 7:23 PM
- Police Fire on Tibetan Protesters in Sichuan
- Safety Fears Surround China’s Newly Arm...
- 8 Shot Dead In Xinjiang While Attacking Polic...
- Sixteen Dead in Clash in Xinjiang (Updated)
- 18 Chengguan Hospitalized After Acid Attack
- Executed Hawker’s Son Accused of Copying
- Street Hawker Xia Junfeng Executed [Updated]
- The Ticking Bomb of China’s Urban Para-...
- Airport Bomber Wins Praise, Reinvestigation
- Links Between Airport Blast and Fruit Vendor&...
- Residents Take to Streets After Man Reported ...
- Photos: Unrest in Qidong
- Foreigners in Guangzhou Protest Death of Expa...
- A Tale of Two Protests
- Foreign Journalists Jumped in Panhe
- Beijing Says ‘No Need to Sweat’ T...
- Tibetan Leader-In-Exile Speaks Out
- More Protesters Reportedly Shot in Sichuan