February 16, 2014 6:55 PM
1989 protests accountability activists Beijing Beijing airport black jails chengguan defending rights dongguan dongzhou Dongzhou killings explosions forced abortions foreigners in China Guangdong Guiyang Hubei Hunan land disputes land grabs land rights migrant workers Panhe petitioners police police brutality police violence press freedom prison abuse prisoners' rights propaganda protests riots rural unrest Shanghai Sichuan social unrest street vendors Tibet Tibet protests torture Uyghurs violence against journalists Wei Wenhua Wukan xia junfeng Xinjiang Yang Jia Yunnan zhongshan land protest
December 15, 2013 11:19 PM
The BBC reports that authorities have shot eight people who were allegedly “trying to attack police officers in Xinjiang” last
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Central
December 4, 2013 1:11 PM
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Chinese
November 7, 2013 9:25 AM
- 18 Chengguan Hospitalized After Acid Attack
- Executed Hawker’s Son Accused of Copying
- Street Hawker Xia Junfeng Executed [Updated]
- The Ticking Bomb of China’s Urban Para-...
- Airport Bomber Wins Praise, Reinvestigation
- Links Between Airport Blast and Fruit Vendor&...
- Residents Take to Streets After Man Reported ...
- Photos: Unrest in Qidong
- Foreigners in Guangzhou Protest Death of Expa...
- A Tale of Two Protests
- Foreign Journalists Jumped in Panhe
- Beijing Says ‘No Need to Sweat’ T...
- Tibetan Leader-In-Exile Speaks Out
- More Protesters Reportedly Shot in Sichuan
- Deadly New Violence Reported in Tibetan Area
- Journalist Tells of Police Detention, Beating...
- China Forces Reported to Have Shot at Tibetan...
- Teng Biao: ‘A Hole to Bury You’