From The Washington Post,
A China-based cyber attack on Saturday shut down online bookings for a leading Australian film festival, days before a controversial visit by a leading critic of Beijing, organizers said.
The attack on the Melbourne International Film Festival’s site is the second in just a few days. It comes after Beijing on Friday summoned Australia’s ambassador to protest at Uighur activist Rebiya Kadeer’s planned visit to the festival.
Festival spokeswoman Asha Holmes said a site in Chinese had been discovered carrying instructions on how to attack the festival’s site. (www.melbournefilmfestival.com.au)