“Oh, China! Slow down!” (祖国啊你慢些走) appeared on the overseas Chinese portal 6Park in August 2011, and has spread all over Chinese Internet. Minus the tragedies of Xiao Yueyue and the school bus crash, it packs in all...
Jan 2, 2012
We have compiled a list of the top ten most-read CDT posts for 2011. Not all of the stories were posted in 2011 but they all got a lot of traffic last year. The list covers a number of hot topics: Tibet, Xiao Yueyue, the Wenzhou...
Jan 1, 2012
The year that just passed was an especially busy one for China watchers and journalists. We have put together a slideshow of some of the top stories from 2011, from the CCP’s lavish 90th birthday celebrations to the siege...
Jan 1, 2011
In New Weekly, He Shuqing asks what miseries and quandaries afflict China, and what hope casts a light of positivity on the new year.
Dec 31, 2010
In his annual New Year’s speech, President Hu Jintao vowed that China would cooperate on global issues and adhere to peaceful development, AFP reports: Hu’s annual address broadcast by state television appeared to be...
CDT in the News
- NPHR – Chinese authorities remain committed to ‘zero COVID’ lockdown policy
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back