The New York Times’ Jonathan Ansfield speaks with musicians Abigail Washburn, Kai Welch and...
by Sophie Beach | May 11, 2009
With tomorrow’s one-year anniversary of the Sichuan earthquake approaching, the media is busy covering and evaluating relief and reconstruction efforts. From CNN: Thousands of schools collapsed in the earthquake, trapping...
by Sophia Cao | Feb 1, 2009
Banjo player and singer Abigail Washburn, from Illinois, had a chance to go to Chengdu, China, in 1996 and challenged herself to learn Chinese and local operas. Thereafter, she combined the roots of American music with Chinese...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal