The New York Times’ Jonathan Ansfield speaks with musicians Abigail Washburn, Kai Welch and...
by Sophie Beach | May 11, 2009
With tomorrow’s one-year anniversary of the Sichuan earthquake approaching, the media is busy covering and evaluating relief and reconstruction efforts. From CNN: Thousands of schools collapsed in the earthquake, trapping...
by Sophia Cao | Feb 1, 2009
Banjo player and singer Abigail Washburn, from Illinois, had a chance to go to Chengdu, China, in 1996 and challenged herself to learn Chinese and local operas. Thereafter, she combined the roots of American music with Chinese...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods