In July 2019, the philosopher and popular writer Byron Chen Chun went to Hong Kong to observe protests against proposed amendments to the Hong Kong extradition law which raised serious concerns that residents and even those...
by Samuel Wade | May 12, 2019
Last week brought the 100th anniversary of the start of the May Fourth movement, a pivotal moment...
by Cindy | Aug 27, 2017
A recent China-India border dispute is playing out at the University of Sydney with a group of...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 23, 2015
In the wake of a broad and sustained campaign against Western influence in education and beyond,...
by Cindy | Aug 18, 2014
Bill Chou Kwok-ping, an associate professor of political science at the University of Macau,...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”