The Telegraph has written a lengthy profile of the Guangdong Acrobatic Troupe, which has gained worldwide fame for a signature move which has star Wu Zhengdan dancing on pointe on top of her partner (and husband) Wei...
Aug 20, 2007
Below is an introduction video of Chines acrobatics: – See previous Acrobatics video “Chinese Ballet Circus pas de deux troupe du Guangdong” via CDT
Jul 15, 2006
Slideshow from the New York Times: The famous Zai Ming Acrobatic School in Wuqiao remains an avenue out of poverty. [Click to See] For more photos of acrobats training, see this series by photojournalist Natalie Behring.
Jan 4, 2006
From the International Herald Tribune: ‘Swan Lake” is one of the best-loved of all ballets, especially in China, where it was the first full-length ballet performed by Chinese dancers after the founding of the People’s Republic. The Tchaikovsky classic is a standard in the Central Ballet of China’s repertory and is also frequently performed by […]
CDT in the News
- Newsweek – China’s Angry Protesters Confronted With Warnings About ‘External Forces’
- The Straits Times – China still clamping down on protest activities against Covid-19 lockdown
- NYT – ‘Breach of the Big Silence’: Protests Stretch China’s Censorship to Its Limits
- NYT – Banana Peels for Xi Jinping
- Washington Post – Chinese state TV obscures maskless crowd in World Cup broadcast