Following the flight of two U.S. B-52 bombers through China’s newly declared Air Defense...
by Morgan Figuers | Aug 3, 2008
From Reuters: China is likely to introduce new pollution monitoring measures in 2009 and learn from action taken during the Olympics to try and ensure Beijing does not sink back into smog, officials said on Sunday. Fan...
by Wu Nan | Nov 25, 2007
Xinhua polisher Chris O’Brien writes on his blog Beijing Newspeak about the military’s unilateral and unexplained commandeering of domestic airspace: On Tuesday, a journalist friend of mine tried to fly from southern China to Shanghai. The whole process took 11 hours. My friend was told the People’s Liberation Army, those lovers of late notice, had […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods