With the Year of the Snake reaching its tail end, China has now officially...
by Melissa M. Chan | Nov 13, 2012
As China attempts to build its own jet engine for military and commercial use, China has unveiled new orders for its passenger jet at the country’s main airshow in Zhuhai, from Reuters: The C919 is designed to challenge Airbus...
by Sophia Cao | May 10, 2006
From Guardian Unlimited (link): China plans to build 48 new airports over the next five years in an aviation spending splurge that will delight architects and plane makers but heighten concerns among environmentalists. With the economy booming, hundreds of millions more journeys are being made by air every year, prompting a rush to buy planes […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”