With the Year of the Snake reaching its tail end, China has now officially...
by Melissa M. Chan | Nov 13, 2012
As China attempts to build its own jet engine for military and commercial use, China has unveiled new orders for its passenger jet at the country’s main airshow in Zhuhai, from Reuters: The C919 is designed to challenge Airbus...
by Sophia Cao | May 10, 2006
From Guardian Unlimited (link): China plans to build 48 new airports over the next five years in an aviation spending splurge that will delight architects and plane makers but heighten concerns among environmentalists. With the economy booming, hundreds of millions more journeys are being made by air every year, prompting a rush to buy planes […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods