Wu Weiqing committed suicide after being falsely accused of knocking down a senior citizen whom he...
by Scott Greene | Nov 3, 2011
A video surfaced on Chinese social media sites yesterday showing a woman leaping from a bridge and falling onto a busy highway, where surrounding cars slowed and then drove around her as they passed. Today, Shanghaiist posted...
by Scott Greene | Oct 31, 2011
As China questions the moral compass of its masses in the aftermath of the horrific hit-and-run death of 2-year old Yue Yue in Foshan, and social and official media discuss the need to create laws to prevent similar negligence...
by Scott Greene | Oct 20, 2011
One week after suffering brain damage in a horrific hit-and-run accident, and despite reports earlier this week that she had shown signs of stability, Guangdong hospital officials announced that 2-year-old Yue Yue died early...
by Scott Greene | Oct 17, 2011
A 2-year-old girl named Yue Yue is in critical condition after she was run over twice in a Guangdong market and ignored by numerous passers-by. From China Daily: Footage from a surveillance camera presented on local TV shows Yue...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 14, 2011
At West Lake, a foreign woman jumped in the water to rescue a person from an apparent suicide attempt, and then left the scene without revealing her identity. According to bystanders, the rescuer is an American tourist, though...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods