As we mark the 30th anniversary of the 1989 protest movement in China, and the subsequent military...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 6, 2017
The U.S. Congressional-Executive Commission on China issued its annual report on Thursday,...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 21, 2017
Late last week, news came that Cambridge University Press had agreed to remove 315 articles from...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 30, 2014
While China often voices suspicion that the U.S. is trying to undermine it, president Barack Obama...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”