From the Censorship Vault features previously untranslated censorship instructions from the archives of the CDT series Directives from the Ministry of Truth (真理部指令). State Council Information Office: We ask that website...
Sep 22, 2007
From The Washington Post: Vice President Annette Lu and two other senior figures from Taiwan’s ruling Democratic Progressive Party were charged Friday with corruption and forgery, the latest in a series of scandals that have created turmoil in President Chen Shui-bian‘s independence-minded government. In addition to Lu, Yu Shyi-kun, the party chairman, and Chen Tan […]
Mar 29, 2007
From AP, via the Washington Post: Vice President Annette Lu, the outspoken target of scathing criticism from Beijing, said Thursday that if she becomes Taiwan’s next president, she will use a feminine touch to ease hostilities with China _ the island’s biggest security threat. She said she would emphasize respect, cooperation and love rather than […]
CDT in the News
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?