Disinformation linking Myanmar’s recent coup d’état to Chinese influence has inspired anti-China protests in the capital, Yangon. Protesters’ suspicions were inflamed by a meeting between Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and...
by alicebirney | Aug 23, 2011
Nepal continues its support the idea of a “one-China” policy and furthers is restrictions on Tibetan refugees living in its nation. Bloomberg reports: The Himalayan nation of Nepal is tightening restrictions against...
by Linjun Fan | Apr 13, 2008
In an op-ed for the Telegraph, China’s ambassador to Britain Fu Ying offers personal recollections from the anti-China protests in London, expressing concern over a growing gulf in understanding between people in the west...
by Linjun Fan | Apr 12, 2008
Adam Minter, an American writer based in Shanghai, reflected on the racial subtext behind the anti-China protests on his blog Shanghai Scrap: For all of the talk about racial tensions between Han Chinese and Tibetans, there has...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China