Lai Xiaomin, the former head of a state-owned asset management company was sentenced to death on January 5 for bribery, corruption, and bigamy. Lai led China Huarong Asset Management until his 2018 expulsion from his public...
by radish | Nov 26, 2014
Two years into China’s ongoing anti-corruption campaign, a senior Chinese diplomat has...
by zhoushuren | Jul 22, 2011
Zhang Chunjiang, the former vice chairman of China Mobile was sentenced to death with a two year reprieve Friday for accepting bribes. This follows the execution of two former vice mayors. From the New York Times: Recently,...
by Michael Zhao | Jul 9, 2006
From Nanfang Daily, also carried by People Net, translated by CDT: After three years of study on anti-corruption system designing by a team of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, an anti-corruption law was proposed for China’s legislature. The necessity and public opinion basis are needless to elaborate. But a timetable for this legislation in […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo