The city of San Francisco has released a report which contradicts a coroner’s findings that...
asiana crash 2013
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 22, 2013
On Friday, a San Mateo, California coroner said that the injuries of Ye Mengyuan confirm that she was killed by a fire rescue vehicle after surviving the crash landing of Asiana Airlines Flight 214 in San Francisco on July 6. Ye...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 12, 2013
A Chinese teenager has died from wounds sustained in the crash of Asian Airlines flight at San Francisco International Airport last Saturday. She is the third fatality from the flight; all three of those killed were students...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 8, 2013
People in China continue to mourn high school students Wang Linjia and Ye Mengyuan who were killed in the Asiana Airlines crash at San Francisco International Airport on Saturday. More details have emerged about the girls, who...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 7, 2013
Saturday’s crash of a Boeing 777 at San Francisco International Airport had two fatalities, both of whom were high school students from Jiangshan, Zhejiang Province. The girls were planning to study English in a camp in...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods